Effective 9/9/2020 and for the foreseeable future, we will be taking extra precautions to ward off Coronavirus. We are taking these extra steps to support the health and safety of your children, your family and our staff.
Please take note of the following changes to our policies and procedures:
Check-In and Pick-Up
- Families will be greeted at the Gate or their car where a staff member will greet your child, who is already masked (parent as well). Parents and other family members will not be allowed inside the school. Prior to parents leaving, Jody or Marilyn will take the temperature of each child and ask parents the following questions:
- Do you live with anyone or have you had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you or anyone in your household have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath?
- Do you or your child(ren) have any other signs of communicable illness such as a cold or flu?
- Children and staff will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the building or yard and hourly throughout the day. When children are received for drop-off, they will be escorted to the nearest sink where they will wash their hands prior to beginning their class time.
- Upon your arrival to pick up your child, a staff member will bring your child out to you. Doing so will limit direct contact and help us to maintain social distancing.
- All surfaces will be disinfected before snack using CDC- or EPA-approved products.
- All staff and children will wash hands before and after snack.
- When seated to eat snack all children will be 6 feet apart.
- We will separate children into smaller groups/pods that fall within state or local guidelines.
- All children and staff will be required to wear masks, as well as parents at drop off and pick up.
- Our program will start 100% outdoors through Christmas vacation and will be reevaluated at that time.
- Pods will not share equipment and will clean equipment between uses.
- All yards/classrooms will remain separated to reduce the number of children in one area and to reduce the possibility of viral transmission.
- Staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, faucets, toys and games that children play with at least once daily.
- We will perform an enhanced deep cleaning every afternoon, on all touched surfaces.
- Staff will have access to anti-bacterial hand sanitizers and disposable gloves and use them as needed.
- Staff and children will wash their hands a minimum of hourly (noted by the CDC as the most effective preventive measure).
- Staff will receive education on COVID-19 symptoms as well as preventive measures.
- Children who start to experience symptoms of respiratory illness, including a fever of >100.4 while at TTGG, will be isolated from other children until they can be picked up.
- Sick children are required to be out 72 hours after symptoms cease.
- In the unlikely event there is a confirmed case of Covid, the child is required to be out for 14 days and/or 72 hours after symptoms cease.
- The confirmed Covid case child’s Pod is required to be out at least 5 days and can return when symptom free for at least 72 hours.
Staff Health & Wellness
- Staff will receive additional training on infection control and workplace disinfection.
- Staff will check their temperature at the beginning of each shift and self-monitor for signs and symptoms of Covid (fever or respiratory symptoms).
- Staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering school and immediately prior to leaving.
- Staff will not be allowed to work if they are feeling ill or experiencing respiratory symptoms.
- As long as we are open and your child is enrolled, tuition will be due in full. This includes if we are only open for a portion of a month and need to close for the remainder of the month. It also includes if your child is on a 14 day exclusion with their Pod due to a suspected or confirmed case of Covid.
- If we are open and you choose to keep your children at home, you will be required to pay all of your normal monthly tuition for that month.
- If you choose to pull your child out after September 30th, June prepaid tuition will be your 30 day notice.
- If the state requires a closure for an extended period of time, partial tuition will still be due to allow us to sustain the school so your child’s spot will be here when we can reopen - 50% tuition for first full month closure, 25% for second full month closure, 25% for third full month closure. These can be drawn from your prepaid June 2021 tuition if you choose.
- If the current situation changes and it becomes necessary to update our procedures or close our program temporarily, we will notify all families by email, text or phone call, as well as on the school Facebook page.
- You may follow our TTGG Facebook page for all weekly program updates.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we implement these new procedures. Our goal is to minimize disruption while at the same time keeping you, your family and our staff healthy and well, while offering a fun, quality preschool experience of social, emotional and cognitive development.